Countdown to Christmas...

What is This Feeling?

If you are a Broadway fan like I am, there is a high chance you know what Wicked is, but if you don't it's a musical about Glinda the Good and the Wicked Witch of the West Elphaba. Even if you don't like Broadway you will soon be hearing about Wicked hitting the theaters this November.

As a young girl, I remember my first time ever seeing this musical, it was so magical. I went with one of my friends and remember it being on a school night. Getting my first program, the car ride home, getting matching dresses, and overall taking in the environment and talent around me. From there my love for musical theater has grown. I wonder if it will feel like a trip down memory lane?



Now let us be honest... am I the only one super excited about the new movie coming out? It has the media buzzing and don't worry I put links to some of those articles below along with the trailer. The very last link has numerous articles covering all things associated with the Wicked; Product Collabs, Sets, Trailers, and much more.



I have a few thoughts and feelings, including why is it in two separate parts and if is it going to follow the whole storyline. Will it compare to Kristin Chenoweth and Idina Menzel? Maybe it's split up between two movies to follow the whole storyline. 

As you can tell I am overly excited to get my questions answered but the wait will be long because the movies are being released one year apart. I can't be the only one who's dreading this. What if I fall in love with the first movie, what if I hate it? I need the second movie ASAP. I need your opinion so I don't feel alone on this one...

I can't wait to finally share my thoughts and feelings after November 22nd and to see if it matches my feelings from when I first experienced it!


Twitter: MFagerstrom5
TikTok: HangingwMadison
Instagram: HangingwMadison




Comments

  1. Hey Madison, after reading your blog post I am so excited for you to see the movie (and second part)! I remember taking several trips in high school to go see Wicked and it was always a great experience. I even got to see it on broadway in New York! Hopefully the movie is as stunning as the real thing. I love that you added the links to the articles and trailer in your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Madison, I can tell your very passionate for this release. I didn't know there were two parts for this film!! I have so many questions as someone who hasn't really explored the musical theatre world. I have seen 2 productions before as a child (can't remember which ones) in Chicago but am excited to see your take on the movie and how it compares to the broadway version.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment